Thursday, December 1, 2016

Living in 200 square feet

Our Airstream is 25 ft long and 8 ft wide which gives 200 square feet of floor space of which approx 50% is free mobility space. The queen size bed is superbly comfortable with minimal passage around it! Bathroom and shower are plenty adequate with folding accordion panels fore and aft giving complete privacy. Galley kitchen amidship with refrigerator/freezer on either side leaves room in the forward part of the camper-trailer for dining area, bunks and entry way. I'm amazed that I can live comfortably in this limited space compared to our 3,000 sq.ft. home! Maybe the outside space under the Zip Dee awning gives illusion of extra space or the temptation to eat out rather than max out our simple cooking facilities helps us adapt to this way of life! Possibly a more modest life goals agenda with lots of touristic visits and plenty of relaxation and lounging mixed with catching up on my reading list backlog means I don't miss my home business and workshop with a long list of projects. One thing I certainly know - I will be very busy when I return home addressing intense and demanding Airstream list of modifications and improvements ... till we go on our next adventure!