Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Trouble on the road!

Saturday Jan 1 …. Got a tire low pressure warning from my trailer tire monitoring system on Florida turnpike near Miami. I stopped and reinflated to 65 lbs and 5 miles down the road it was back to 35 lbs so pulled into a deserted mall to change tire. The unfortunate part of the story was I could not find my wheel lug socket so I unhitched and found an auto-zone 5 miles away in Homestead. When I go there there was a line 8 deep of locals waiting to get in the store - they were only allowing one person at a time in! Not only Covid but computer system were mostly down! Nearly an hour later I got my socket, back to the rig, tire off, spare remounted and off we went! Traffic was unbelievably bad 3 hour bumper to bumper all the way to Marathon mid way down the Keys (crime scene, beach rubber necking and an accident) so we only just made the Geiger Key site in time! Most of the highway is two lanes only!

Yesterday in GKM I found my socket in my spares bin! Ouch! Next my RAM truck batteries almost went flat overnight! Back to Key West Autozone for a charger! No queue thank goodness! Trying to figure out what is sucking my system dry!

Now to replace one of the fridge fans with bad bearings - I have a dual fan config so one is running and managing fine! Wifi antenna I lost the antenna stick so ordered a new one and install. Propane tank leak - again we have two tanks so one is shut down and I have a replacement connector pipe to fit. I've had this problem for two weeks just needed to get somewhere where Amazon can deliver reliably! My short wave transmitter antenna came disconnected and dragged down the road for who knows how many miles so new cable to replace it! Today get tire leak diagnosis and repaired!